Evansville Police Department

Patrol Division

The Patrol Division provides uniform patrol, community policing services, K-9 patrol, Hit and Run Investigations, Traffic Enforcement, Alarm Coordinator, Bomb Squad, Crisis Negotiators, and Special Weapons and Tactics team to serve the citizens of Evansville. The Patrol Division is divided into three Sectors and the Special Operations section.


The Patrol Division consists of one deputy chief, one captain, four lieutenants, twenty one sergeants, one hundred thirty eight officers, and five civilian employees.


Command for each sector is located at Police Headquarters.  The Special Operations section is located at Police Headquarters. Police services through 911 are provided 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.


How do I report an abandoned vehicle?

Contact the sector office located in the area where the abandoned vehicle is parked. Provide the location and description of the vehicle, and how long the vehicle has been parked.

How do I obtain a copy of a police or accident report?

Police reports may be obtained from the Police Department Record Room. Copy fees vary by report and must be paid for by check or money order. No cash is accepted. The Record Room may be contacted at 812-436-7956 for more information.

Who do I call to get information about a neighborhood association?

To find out if you already have a neighborhood association in your area or to start one in an area where one does not already exist, contact the sector office for information. The crime prevention officers act as liaison between our department and the neighborhood associations throughout the sectors.

Who do I call to make a general complaint such as speeders, loud noise, or animal complaints?

If it is an immediate problem call 911 Central Dispatch 24 hours a day.

How do I obtain a protective order?

Protective orders and no contact orders are obtained through the County Clerk’s office in Room 216 of the Vanderburgh County Courthouse. Their number is (812) 435-5160.

Who do I call to report narcotics use in my neighborhood?

You may call one of the following to report narcotics activity:
1) The Evansville Police Department’s Narcotics Joint Task Force (812) 436-7917
2) One of the sector offices
3) If you wish to remain anonymous, you can call the tip line at (812) 435-6194

I am going on vacation. How do I request extra patrol on my residence?

Contact the sector office where you live or call 911.

Who do I call about tall weeds and debris?

Contact the Department of Metropolitan Development at (812) 436-7885

When and where does my neighborhood association meet?

Contact the appropriate sector office for meeting times and locations.

How can I help with National Night Out?

Contact your sector office, and we will get you in contact with the event organizers.

Who do I contact if I want to hold a special event?

Contact the Safety Board secretary at (812) 436-7897 for an application for a Parade Permit and to receive other necessary information about hosting an event.

What do I do if I think that I have found an explosive device?

If you believe that you have found an explosive device or have a question about an item that you feel might be dangerous you should keep a safe distance and call 911.

Contact the Patrol Division

Command for each sector is located at Police Headquarters.  The Special Operations section is located at Police Headquarters.

Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Phone: (812) 436-7896
Fax: (812) 435-6175