Crime Prevention Unit
Evansville Police Department Crime Prevention Unit has 10 Crime Prevention Officers (CPO), 1 Sgt. and 2 civilians. There are 3 sectors and 12 beats, and each beat has a CPO assigned. In each sector and beat there are 42 neighborhood associations which have a CPO assigned. The CPOs work closely with the neighborhood associations building trust and working together to solve crime. The CPO Unit provides security instruction as well as information about the EPD and police work in general. Schools, businesses, organizations, churches, and individuals are encouraged to call or stop by our Crime Prevention Office located at 401 E. Columbia St. for further information.
Sgt. Ted Karges is the CPO Unit Commander and he supervises and oversees the community police unit, its officers and its programs. Sgt. Karges can be reached at (812) 435-6039 and is stationed in the Crime Prevention Office along with the CPOs.
Civilian Cynthia Downs
Cynthia is the secretary for the Crime Prevention Unit. She can help with NON-emergency information and other things, she can be contacted at:
401 E. Columbia St. Evansville In. 47711
FAX (812) 435-6109
Civilian Linda Jones
Linda is the Weed and Seed Coordinator for the Department. She is the Liaison to United Neighborhoods of Evansville. She organizes National Night out, the Evansville Christmas Parade and the Star Neighborhood Christmas Party. She is available to assist any neighborhood in the city with activities.
401 E. Columbia St. Evansville In. 47711
Fax (812) 435-6109
Inclement-weather safety reminder
from Sgt. Karges
This is a reminder of the policy that is in effect in the advent of adverse weather conditions.
It is the recommendation for the safety and well being for those involved to cancel any and all meetings and minor events that involve the EPD/CPO unit. This policy is in place to help assist those involved to help determine if a meeting or event will be held. While we will attempt to make notifications when possible there may be times when these notifications may be missed. Below are some guidelines to follow if you ever question if a meeting will still take place.
When local news outlets or National Weather Center issue a
weather advisory, a storm watch, storm warning, or other
natural disaster that covers the time period of the meeting then
that meeting will be cancelled
If the EVSC or participating school systems close, then the
meeting at those locations will also be cancelled. This may be
harder to determine since individual schools may close. If in
doubt contact the EVSC or school in question.
Anytime the City of Evansville announces that the city is closed
for whatever reason then all meetings will be cancelled.
This policy is to help insure the elderly, physically challenged, and anyone who walks to meetings stay safe and is not endangered. It is our goal first and foremost to keep people safe and sound. If the organization or neighborhood determines they still want to hold a meeting, that is their decision to do so, but they do so against the advice of the EPD and will do so knowing an officer will NOT attend the meeting.
If you are not sure if we have your contact information, do not utilize Nextdoor.com, the EPD & CPO Facebook pages then call the Crime Prevention Office and give us your information. If you have any questions, contact your beat CPO.
Meet Your Crime Prevention Officers
Boundaries for South Sector: Lloyd Expressway south to the city limits and Riverside east to Weinbach Ave.
South Sector has 3 beats and each beat has a CPO assigned to it. The CPO is the liaison for the beat and the neighborhood associations in that beat.
Officer Nick Sandullo (812) 435-6035
Beat 1 boundaries are Lloyd Expressway south to Washington Ave. NW Riverside east to Kentucky.
- Bellemeade/Bayard Park meets the 1st Thursday of each month at 6:00
- Blackford’s Grove meets the second Monday of each month at 7:00PM
- Downtown meets the 2nd Tuesday of every other month at 6 PM (Jan, Mar, May, July, Sept, and Nov).
- Coin meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 10:00 AM
- CCIA meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM
- Riverside meets the 3rd Wednesday of EVEN months (Feb, Apr, June, Aug, Oct, and Dec).
- OEHA meets the last Tuesday of ODD months at 6:30 PM (Jan, Mar, May, Jul, Sep, Nov)
Officer Erik Belford 812-435-6107
Beat 2 boundaries are Washington south to Riverside. Veterans to Kentucky Ave.
- Tepe Park meets the 3rd Monday of each month at 6:30 PM
- Glenwood meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 6:00 PM
- Culver meets on 3rd Tuesday quarterly at 6:30 PM (Jan, Apr, Jul, Oct)
- Goosetown meets the 4th Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM
Officer Chad Diedrich 812-435-6037
Beat 3 boundaries are Lloyd Expressway south to I69, Kentucky Ave. east to Weinbach.
- Lincoln/Bellemeade meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6PM
- Presidents meets at time and date TBD
- University South meets the 4th Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM
- Akin Park meets the 3rd Thursday of each month at 6:15 PM
- Lincolnshire meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:30pm
South Sector Citizens meeting. They meet the 2nd Thursday of every other month beginning in January. The meeting location is the C.K. Newsome Center at 6PM
Boundaries are Hwy 41 east to the city limits everything NE and SE of Weinbach and Washington Ave. to the city limits.
East Sector has 5 beats and each beat has a CPO assigned to it. The CPO is the liaison for the beat and the neighborhood associations in that beat.
Beat 1 & 4
Officer Anna Gray 812-485-3064
Beat 1 boundaries are Morgan Ave. north to the city limits, Hwy 41 east to Greenriver Rd
Beat 4 boundaries are Greenriver Rd. to Burkhardt and south of Newburgh Rd. to city limits including east of Burkhardt.
- Timber Park meets 1st Monday of each month at 6:30 PM
- Willemette meets 2nd Thursday of each month at 6:30 PM
- Greater Oakhill meets the 4th Monday at 6:00 PM
- Hoosier/Cullen meetings TBD
- Arcadian Acres meetings TBD
Beat 2 & 5
Officer Kevin Corbin 812-485-3061
Beat 2 boundaries are Weinbach east to Greenriver Rd., and Morgan Ave. south to Washington Ave.
Beat 5 boundaries are Lloyd & Greenriver Rd. north and east to the City Limits.
- Vogel/Spring Park meets the 2nd Monday of each month at 7 PM. (No meetings in Feb, Dec)
- Midtown meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7 PM. No meetings in Apr, June, July, Aug, Nov, and Dec.
- Alvord BLVD meets the last Tuesday of each month (Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Aug, Oct, Nov) at 7 PM
- South Lincoln Park meet twice a year TBD
Plaza meets the 2nd Monday of each month at 6 PM
Officer Andy Carlile 812-485-3063
Beat 3 boundaries are Weinbach Ave east to Greenriver Rd., and Washington Ave south to the city limits.
- South Dexter meets 1st Monday of each month at 6 PM.
- South East Side meets 1st Thursday of each month at 6 PM
- Ross Center meets 2nd Thursday of each month at 6 PM
- Eastview meets 3rd Wednesday of each month at 6:30 PM.
- Lorraine Park meets the 4th Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM
East Sector Citizens meeting. They meet the 3rd Tuesday of every other month beginning in January. The meeting place is McGary Middle school at 6 PM.
Boundaries at Lloyd Expressway north to the city limits, and Hwy 41 and Lloyd Expressway west to the city limits.
West sector has 4 beats and each beat has a CPO assigned to it. The CPO is the liaison for the beat and the neighborhood associations in that beat.
Officer Kenny Dutschke 812-435-6103
Beat 1 boundaries are St. Joe Ave west to city limits, and Broadway north to the city limits
- Hilltop meets at time and date TBD
- Poplar Grove meets the 2nd Wednesday of each month at 7:00 PM
- West Side Improvement meet the 3rd Thursday in March, May, Sept at 6:00PM
- Western Terrace meet quarterly TBD at 6:30 PM
- Helfrich meet the 1st Monday of each month at 6:00 PM
Officer Jay Pagett 812-485-3065
Beat 2 Boundaries are Lloyd Expressway north to Diamond Ave. and St. Joe Ave east to First Ave
- STAR meets the 1st Thursday of each month at 6:00 PM
- CHAIN meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 6:00 PM (except December)
Officer Eric Krogman 812-435-6116
Beat 3 Boundaries are First Ave East to Hwy 41 and Diamond Ave south to Lloyd Expressway.
- Jacobsville meets the 3rd Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM
- Business 41 meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 5:15 PM
- Diamond Stringtown meets the 1st Tuesday of every other month at 7:00PM(Feb, Apr, Jun, Oct, Dec (Note the December meeting starts at 6:00PM)
Officer Bill Schafer 812-435-6105
Beat 4 Boundaries are Hwy 41 & Diamond to Kratzville to the City Limits to the North
North Country Club meets quarterly the 3rd Tuesday of (Mar, June, Sept, Dec) at 6:00 PM
First Ave West meets the 2nd Thursday of each at 6:00 PM
West Sector Citizens meeting. They meet the 3rd Thursday of every month beginning in January (no meeting in December). The meeting place is the Crime Prevention Office Office at 6 PM.
CRIME FREE MULTI-HOUSING
The Crime Free Multi Housing program is administered amongst all 10 CPO’s with Officer Krogman and Corbin being the main administers of the program. In an effort to combat the problems that arise from distressed rental properties, the Evansville Police Department is sponsoring a creative, successful program developed in Mesa, AZ back in the early 1990’s. This program, Crime Free Multi-Housing©, is currently used in approximately 2,000 cities worldwide, in more than a dozen countries. It’s a new way for EPD, local landlords, and tenants to work together to combat the issues of crime and nuisance behavior at duplexes, apartment communities, and other rental properties. It addresses these issues through better tenant screening, attempting to ease eviction processes, better sharing of information between communities and EPD, education on criminal behavior and its infectious nature, and involving the community residents and landlords together by assigning them both responsibility and accountability, without decreasing their voice in how their community is run.
For Further information on this program contact the Crime Prevention office at (812) 435-6135
Please click "here" for the latest
GNO Offender Public Database